- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- olive oil
- 3 gloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed or I used Minute Maid
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Start cooking quinoa by combining 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of chicken broth, bring to boil, reduce heat, and let simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through (5-6 minutes).
- In medium bowl, combine orange juice, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes.
- When chicken is cooked through, add the bowl of orange sauce to the chicken and let simmer 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve orange chicken over quinoa and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 470 Fat 5.7 Saturated Fat 0.3 Cholesterol 130 Sodium 1011 Potassium 381 Carbs 55 Fiber 2.5 Sugar 20.9 Protein 59.4
Adapted from http://www.gimmesomeoven.com